Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Most Unorganized Mother of the Year Award

Today was one of those days where I'm pretty certain if there was a "Most Unorganized Mother of the Year" award, I would have received it.

It all started with the 3am wake up call from Joss crying 'cause her teeth are coming in (wahoo, she already has one that has showed it's little face).  Because we share a tiny room and my hubby has to get up really early, I just whisked her out of her crib and into bed.  Forgetting her paci and blanket, I fell back asleep with her next to me (and a toddler rail attached to the side of my bed to protect her) and she woke up 10 minutes later crying from being too cold.  I put her in between us and she's covered nice and warm... bad start to a morning.

After a few more hours of sleep, we wake up for the day... My sister Jaclyn arrived from Australia with her boyfriend BJ, midmorning which was so exciting because my sister helped me in my post-partum blues for the first three months after Joss was born.  She moved back to Australia when Joss was 3 months and this is the first she's seen her since.  But because our guests were here, naps went WAY off schedule.  Joss wanted to be up and not miss a moment of attention making for one cranky babe.  Eventually she passed out giving mommy a good 2.5 hours to nap (thank you sweet baby).

Well, we all decide on some tasty Mexican food for dinner (for the Aussie blokes) and I grabbed the diaper bag to head out the door.  After the 20 minute drive to the restaurant, I realized I had forgotten the formula and its Joss' dinner time (Huge mistake number 1).  We find a bottle and give her some water to hold her over since there wasn't a store anywhere nearby.  But the water just flushed her out and wham, Joss let out one of those poops that explode out the sides which she hasn't done in a LONG time!  That's when we realize mistake number 2, NO BABY WIPES!  Are you kidding me?!?!?!  There was a Dollar Store right down the way that we ran to and bought baby wipes... we change her diaper in the trunk of our car only to discover that 99cent wipes don't really clean that well.  It took quite a bit of wipes to clean her up.  On the way home, she drank up all her water and then cried 'cause she wanted more.  It was a long 20 minutes of trying to sing every song I know to calm her down, and I was unsucessful.  Eventually we made it home a little past her bedtime which her Ohh, it just was one of those days where I just wasn't on my "Mommy Game"!    

No comments:

Post a Comment